Medicinal Benefit of Saffron (Kesar) in Pregnancy
Do you know? As per the research and history, Kesar is often recommended to eat during pregnancy for its medicinal benefits.
Saffron (Kesar – केसर) the king of spices known to be the world’s most expensive spice. There are three types of saffron selling in the Indian online and local markets.
- Kashmiri Saffron from India
- Iranian Saffron from Iran
- Spanish Saffron from Spain
Kashmiri saffron is the world-famous saffron which is best known for its quality. Saffron during pregnancy is well-known to lead to a glowing fair baby. But the fact is that the skin color is genetic, your baby’s complexion depends purely on you and your husband’s genes. I guess the complexion should not be a matter right because the baby is one of the most precious gifts for a family.
9 Medicinal Benefit of Saffron During Pregnancy
- The medicinal benefit of Saffron helps in digestion and improves appetite during Pregnancy.
- The most popular herb is recognized as one of the most excellent sources of Vitamin A and C with folic acid.
- Kesar is loaded with iron. It is important for the formation of red blood cells during Pregnancy.
- Kesar and Milk have a good amount of calcium this will keep you healthy and help your baby’s, bone, and skin development.
- Regular intake of saffron during pregnancy will boost hemoglobin in the blood.
- Kesar is a natural painkiller as well it helps to relax muscles and relieves joint pain during pregnancy.
- Saffron, Milk, and Sandalwood paste – treats cold and fever, you can apply on your forehead.
- During pregnancy teeth and gums may hurt. You can brush your teeth with a pinch of saffron crushed in a tablespoon of milk/water or massages it on your gums to relieve pain twice a day.
- Kesar with Milk is highly effective when taken in the morning.
Top 5 Best Quality Saffron Brands in India
Best Seller No. 1
Shalimar Brand is Certified Grade A1 “Premium Organic” Kashmir Mogra Saffron is also known as Mongra Saffron which is safe to be used by pregnant ladies. This saffron is of premium quality and lab tested and is certified by Spice Board India.
Check The Price: Organic Brand Saffron – https://amzn.to/2UL386g
Best Seller No. 2
The Gathering of Saffron is the most popular brand in the USA, Organic and Kosher Certified Comes with European Certificate of analysis ISO 3632-2.2011 Certified Results are much higher than ISO Standard for Picrocrocine (taste-bitterness). This is 100% pure saffron. This saffron will help you to obtain numerous health benefits. It can also work as a skin beauty enhancer.
Check The Price: The Gathering of Saffron https://amzn.to/3o0PUir
Best Seller No.3
Upakarma Ayurveda Kesar is a blend of pure and premium saffron, 100% Authentic. It is Certified Grade -I Premium A++ Kashmiri Saffron. The Saffron is a natural antioxidant known to provide a host of benefits, including improved heart health, increased energy levels, and reduced symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Check The Price: Upakarma Kashmiri Saffron https://amzn.to/30SHL6y
Best Seller No. 4
Keynote Kashmir Saffron is packed in food-grade inert airtight glass jars with dual-layered tight tin caps. 100% Pure Kashmir Saffron Threads which is certified by IS5453 Standard and tried and tested in European markets by chefs and confectioners.
Check The Price: Keynote Saffron – https://amzn.to/2UNUfIU
Best Seller No. 5
The Noor brand saffron offers natural & pure without any additives: 100% Pure Kashmir Saffron Threads. It is an FSSAI certification product. Keep threads in a cool, dry, dark place (you can put it in the freezer for up to a year).
Check The Price: Noor Saffron – https://amzn.to/345xAwQ
Frequently Asked Questions on Saffron During Pregnancy
1. How much saffron to use in milk during pregnancy?
Only 3 to 4 threads of saffron can be used in milk. Kesar you drink with milk should be soaked in one cup of milk (for 4 hours to 8 hours ).
2. From which month to start saffron in pregnancy?
From the fifth month of pregnancy that is the second trimester.
3. Is it true saffron or Kesar can give a fairer baby?
Baby skin color is genetic your baby’s complexion depends purely on you and your husband’s genes. I guess the complexion should not be a matter right because the baby is one of the most precious gifts for a family.
4. How to test saffron while or after buying?
• Spit the threads onto a clean tissue paper and rub 3 or 4 threads of saffron inside the tissue. If the color of the tissue gets yellow, you are buying the real saffron.
• Buy branded packets, which are ISI marked and government approved.
• Always remember to read the label and check the expiry dates.
5. How to consume saffron or Kesar during pregnancy?
Make sure to drink alternative days only. You can soak saffron in Luke warm Milk / Water at least three to four hours for best results.
Remember, If you face difficulty in digesting saffron milk then you can add a few strands of Kesar in your cooking. Too much intake of saffron during pregnancy can cause other complications such as dizziness. Each pregnancy is unique, it is always best to check with your doctor before including saffron in your diet.
Check The Price:
- Organic Brand Saffron – https://amzn.to/2UL386g
- The Gathering of Saffron https://amzn.to/3o0PUir
- Upakarma Kashmiri Saffron – https://amzn.to/30SHL6y
- Keynote Saffron – https://amzn.to/2UNUfIU
- Noor Saffron – https://amzn.to/345xAwQ
Disclaimer: This information is just a guide. Please note, your portion consumed will depend on your body weight, this meal plan is to ensure a balanced diet that helps you in healthy eating during pregnancy.
This channel is created to share my personal experiences. As each pregnancy is different recommendations on this channel may not work for you. So, please consult your doctor before taking any medication before trying. The content work protected under copyright law. The background music in the video is taken from the royalty-free site. Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org