Fruits, Dry Fruits, and Nuts for Pregnant Ladies
Do you know? Fruits are more important to eat than eating green leafy vegetables during pregnancy. know below the list of Fruits, Dry Fruits, Nuts & Seeds to Eat During Pregnancy.
In this article, I have shared about fruits and dry fruits to be eaten during pregnancy. Know when to eat, which fruits are important and how much to eat from which month you should start eating.
As we all know, we have different types of fruits and dry fruits. Fruits those are seasonal and fruits those are non-seasonal. And Fruits those are high in Water, high in Sugar and Low in sugar, right. Then let’s start with following
Why eating fruits are important during pregnancy?
Fruits because, they are packed with minerals, vitamins, proteins, fiber, and folate (folic acid) so, it’s important to eat during pregnancy. The benefits are –
- Vitamins will help your baby grow stronger teeth and bones.
- Beta carotene will help your baby’s cell and tissue development.
- Folic acid will help to prevent neural tube defects (NTDs) and also supports healthy childbirth.
- Fiber helps to improve your digestion and it also controls high blood pressure.
Know, how many fruits and dry fruits to eat during pregnancy?
During pregnancy, it’s recommended that you should eat 4 to 5 servings of fruits in a day! So, here what counts as a cup / Katori / Bowl. You can eat as per given below.
- Fruits – 2 cups (Katori / Bowl) a day,
- Banana – 6 inches 1 or 2 small a day,
- Fresh Fruit Juice -250ml (Katori / Bowl) a day,
- Dry Fruits – 1/2 cup (Katori / Bowl) a day
- Fruits – 2 cups (Katori / Bowl) a day – You can eat a total of 2 cups of fruits a day so you can eat 1 cup apple and 1 cup any seasonal fruit of your choice.
- Banana – 6 inches 1 or 2 small a day – You can eat 6 inches (1) or 2 small Bananas
- Fresh Fruit Juice -250ml (Katori / Bowl) a day – You can drink 250ml fresh fruit juice that is 1and half 1/2 Cup (Katori / Bowl) 100 percent fresh fruit juice of your choice.
- Dry Fruits – 1/2 cup (Katori / Bowl) a day of your choice.
Which are the fruits necessary during pregnancy?
During pregnancy, you also have to maintain your body sugar level and weight. The 4 lists of fruits below are given according to low to high sugar level and try to avoid adding sugar to fresh juice.
I have given below a complete list of fruits that you can follow during pregnancy
1. Fruits Low in Sugar During Pregnancy
Fruits Low in Sugar (Per Cup/ Katori / Bowl) 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Kiwi 1/2 per cup 2 medium / large
- Sweet Lime 1/2 per cup 1 medium / large
- Apricots 1/2 per cup 2 to 3 medium / large
- Cranberries 1/2 per cup 2 to 3 medium / large
- Raspberries 1/2 per cup 2 to 3 medium / large
2. Fruits Low in Medium Levels of Sugar During Pregnancy
Fruits Low to Medium Levels of Sugar (Per Cup/ Katori / Bowl) 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Strawberries 1/2 per cup 3 – 4 medium
- Muskmelon 1/3 per cup 1/3 to 1/2 piece
- Fig 1/2 per cup 1 medium / 1/2 large
- Oranges 1 per cup 1 medium / 1 large
- Cherries 1/2 per cup 3-4 medium / large
- Blueberries 1/2 per cup 2-3 medium / large
- Peaches 1/2 per cup 2 -3 medium / 1 large
- Apples 1/2 to 1 per cup 1 medium / 1/2 large
- Chiku 1/2 per cup 1 – 2 medium / large (Avoid for 1st 3 months )
3. Fruits High to Very High Levels of Sugar During Pregnancy
Fruits High to Very High Levels of Sugar (Per Cup/ Katori / Bowl) 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Mangoes 1/2 per cup 1/2 piece
- Watermelon 1/2 to 1 per cup 1 medium / large
- Plum 1/2 to 1 per cup 1 medium / large
- Pears 1/2 to 1 per cup 1 medium / large
- Apples 1/2 to 1 per cup 1 medium / 1/2 large
- Jack fruit 1/2 to 1 per cup 2-3 medium / large
- Banana 1/2 to 1 per cup 6 inches 1 or small 2
- Pomegranates 1/2 per cup 1/2 piece (Avoid for 1st 3 months)
4. Dry Fruits to Eat During Pregnancy
Dry Fruit Mix – 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester. If your first time Mom then you must have a question can I eat dry fruits in pregnancy? Yes, you can eat Dried fruits during pregnancy as per given Chart. Each Trimester you have to change your intake of eating Dry Fruit. Like given below Dry Fruit Mix – 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester and Dry Fruit Mix – 2nd & 3rd Trimester
Mixed Dried Fruits – 1st, 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Walnuts – 1 piece
- Soaked Almonds – 4 to 7 pieces
- Both mix total to eat 1/3 Katori (Per Cup / Bowl)
Mixed Dried Fruits – 2nd & 3rd Trimester
- Soaked Anjeer, alternative days 1 piece
- Dried Apricots 1 piece
- Dried Dates 1 piece
- Raisins 4 – 5 pieces
- Cashews 1 – 2 pieces
- Pistachio Nuts (Pista) 2 – 4 pieces
- Peanuts (Moongphali) 8 – 10 pieces (15 days once)
- Mix total to eat 1/2 Katori (Per Cup / Bowl)
List of dry fruits to eat during pregnancy. Youryoutubemom
Fruits to be avoided during Pregnancy?
- Pomegranate and Chiku (Sapodilla) to be avoided for the first 3 months.
- You should avoid eating – Papaya, Grapes, and Pineapple throughout pregnancy.
I hope this article helped you and you got all your answer about
- Why Fruits that are necessary for pregnancy?
- Which fruits to be avoided during pregnancy?
- Which dry fruits are safe during pregnancy?
Tips – Make sure you soak the fruits for almost 1 hour’s time before you eat and wash them in running water once. So, always remember during pregnancy to eat in limit and balance your intake of fruits.
Disclaimer: This information is just a guide. Please note, your portion consumed will depend on your body weight, this meal plan is to ensure a balanced diet that helps you in healthy eating during pregnancy.