Importance of Drinking Water During Pregnancy
Do you know? As per my experience drinking water is one of the most important subjects to be discussed with you all moms-to-be.
During pregnancy, it’s very important to drink water and also it’s important to keep a track of the water you drink. Because water is going to help you lots during pregnancy. Know the Reasons, Benefits & more about drinking Water during pregnancy
1. Is drinking a lot of water during pregnant/pregnancy good?
Yes, it’s good to drink it can help avoid morning sickness, heartburn, and indigestion.
2. How much water should a pregnant woman drink in a day?
During pregnancy, you must drink 6 to 8 glasses (2 liters) water every day.
3. What are the symptoms of dehydration during pregnancy?
When you feel thirsty it is the first sign of dehydration, feeling dry mouth or throat, chapped lips, dark-colored urine, feeling weak or exhausted, feeling constipation and hard stools. So, drink water during pregnancy to avoid Dehydration.
4. Can a pregnant/pregnancy woman take cold water?
It’s always best to drink Normal Water or Luke Warm water during winters to avoid cold anytime. During summers it’s good to drink normal water again to avoid cold anytime.
Know about how important is to drink water to keep hydrated during pregnancy and post pregnancy.
Normal Water During Pregnancy
- Dehydration is very common during pregnancy, by drinking enough water you can avoid dehydration. Dehydration occurs when you’re not drinking enough water. Dehydration during pregnancy can lead to many complications such as thirst, dry mouth, headaches, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle cramps, constipation, and dizziness. By drinking enough water you can avoid dehydration.
- Urine infection is very common during pregnancy by drinking enough water you can reduce the risk of urine infection from happening.
- You must have 6 to 8 glasses (2 liters) water every day. This ensures proper hydration and healthy functioning of your body. Because your body is more active and is busy making room for your developing baby so your body needs more water to function.
- Your intake of only water should be 2 liters per day. But water with milk, juice and other drinks all together it should be 2.3 liters liquid per day.
- Let it be summer or winter you should make sure to drink a good amount of water to avoid weakness, headaches, vomiting, muscle cramps, bloating and gas.
- Water helps your baby to be active inside you when they start moving and kicking.
- Drinking, enough water may also help in labor. So, try to drink as much as water for a healthy pregnancy.
- A good amount of water helps to maintain Blood Circulation.
- In fact, drinking water during or after a meal actually helps digestion.
Luke Warm Water During Pregnancy
- If in case you’re facing morning sickness, headaches and heartburn one glass of Luke warm water will help you. (One glass to be taken at morning before breakfast)
- Lukewarm water helps to cure a cold, cough, sore throat and flu.
Few tips to follow while drinking water during pregnancy:
- Always make sure to sit and drink water.
- Each and every pregnancy is different few moms may drink water easily and few may not. If you’re among one – then try using a straw to sip water in-between breaks throughout the day rather than drinking a lot at once. I am sure it will help you.
- Track your water intake – download apps for tracking water consumption. Or Keep track by writing down how much you’re drinking in a notebook or marking a count on your hand each time you finish a bottle.
- Make sure to wash your water bottles frequently.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water when you have a fever, during summers, if suffering from diarrhea and vomiting and when you sweat a lot, for example, after walking or physical activity.
So, try to drink as much as water you can for a healthy pregnancy.
Disclaimer: This information is just a guide. Please note, your portion consumed will depend on your body weight, this meal plan is to ensure a balanced diet that helps you in healthy eating during pregnancy.